Veritas has a crew of 220 (52 officers and 168 enlisted). Civilians are not normally carried unless approved by the commanding officer.
The 52 officers aboard the Veritas represent slightly less than a quarter of the ship's total complement. To become an officer, these individuals have either graduated Starfleet Academy or earned their commission through the Officer Candidate School after having attained their education in their field elsewhere.
Officers assume leadership roles within their departments and are responsible for training and supervising both junior officers and the enlisted personnel under their command.
- See also: Starfleet Rank Index: Officer for more information about officers and officer ranks.
PC-exclusive officer duty posts
The following duty posts are given priority to PCs and are restricted from NPCs/PNPCs at this time:
- Operations Officer
- Helm/Navigation Officer
- Ship's Counselor
- Intelligence Officer
- Strategic Operations Officer
- Any department chief or assistant chief position
The 168 enlisted personnel aboard Veritas make up the majority of the ship's crew and are distributed across the ship's departments in various technical specialties and duty posts distinct from officers. For instance, medics and lab technicians are enlisted personnel whereas physicians, nurses, and scientists are commissioned officers (see officer duty posts above). All enlisted personnel are eligible for NPC/PNPC play.
- See also: Starfleet Rank Index: Enlisted for more information about enlisted personnel and enlisted ranks.
Non-Starfleet personnel, Civilians, and Guests
Veritas offers modest short-term guest accommodations.
Non-Starfleet personnel such as those from other Federation agencies (Federation Security, Federation Diplomatic Corps, etc.) are occasionally attached to the ship on special assignments.
Civilians are not normally carried aboard unless approved by the commanding officer as space and amenities are limited.
- Interested in simming for a civilian or non-Starfleet character? Contact the command staff to discuss your idea for a character!
Complete Ship's Roster
- Enlisted duty posts and personnel are listed in italics and are all eligible for NPC/PNPC play.
- Officer duty posts marked with an asterisk are eligible for NPC/PNPC play.
- Player Characters(PCs) are listed in bold.
- Player NPCs (PNPCs) are listed with their writer's PC in parentheses.
- General NPCs are listed in plain text with (NPC) after their names.
- If you wish to write for an NPC/PNPC to fill a duty post listed below that is not currently taken or "filled to capacity," you may do so by simply simming the character directly and then adding the character's name to the roster below.
- Numbers listed within each department are not static. If you have an idea for an NPC or PNPC you wish to introduce for a duty post not listed or already filled, please don't hesitate to contact the command staff to discuss further.
- The wiki is considered an out-of-character (OOC) resource to document what is actually simmed. If you add a character to the wiki roster but do not actually introduce that character IC into our sim, then others are allowed to introduce their own character and update the wiki to reflect the actual ship complement accordingly.
Crew of the USS Veritas
Total: 220 (52 Officers, 168 Enlisted)
|Starfleet Personnel Demographics (Total: 220)
3 Shift Rotation
- Day (Alpha) Shift: 0700-1500 hours
- Swing (Beta) Shift: 1500-2300 hours
- Night (Gamma) Shift: 2300-0700 hours
Officer duty shift staffing varies according to departmental needs as assigned by the department chiefs.
The typical number of enlisted personnel from a particular duty post during a shift is listed after each enlisted post in parentheses: (Day/Swing/Night).
- Example: 3 Ship's Research Library Aides (2/1/0)
- 3 total library aides on board with 2 on duty during Day Shift, 1 on duty during Swing Shift, and 0 on duty during Night Shift.
- Shift schedule rotates weekly.
- All off-duty personnel are on standby during Yellow Alert.
- All off-duty personnel report to their stations during Red Alert.
8 Officers, 13 Enlisted
- 1 Commanding Officer: Capt. Roshanara Rahman
- 1 Captain's Yeoman: Chief Petty Officer Lunat Drys (Delano)
- 1 Command Master Chief Petty Officer
- 1 First Officer/Executive Officer: Cmdr. Evan Delano
- 1 Operations Officer:
- 1 Strategic Operations and Intelligence Officer:
- 1 Strategic Operations Analyst
- 2 Intelligence Analysts
- 1 Helm/Navigation Officer:
- 1 Relief Helm/Navigation Officer: Lt. Maravosh (Rahman)
- 1 Relief Helmsman
- 1 Navigator's Assistant
- 1 Ship's Counselor: LtJG Jansen Orrey
- 1 Records Officer*
- 3 Records Assistants (1/1/1)
10 Officers, 13 Enlisted
- 2 Science Officers: LtCmdr. Alora DeVeau
- 1 Science Administrative Assistant
- 1 Stellar Cartographer/Astronomer
- 3 Stellar Cartography Technicians (1/1/1): Crewman First Class Koa Iolani (Delano)
- 1 Astrophysicist: Ensign Maiman Terpes (Kelrod)
- 1 Biologist
- 1 Chemist
- 1 Geologist:
- 1 Historian/Anthropologist/Archaeologist: LtCmdr. Raissa Moonsong
- 1 Mathematician
- 1 Ship's Librarian:
- 3 Ship's Research Library Aides (2/1/0)
- 6 Research/Lab Technicians (3/3/0)
10 Officers, 15 Enlisted
- 1 Chief Medical Officer: Commander Niccolò del Vedova
- 1 Assistant Chief Medical Officer:
- 2 Medical Officers*: Ensign Addison MacKenzie, Lt. Cmdr. Lia Rouiancet (del Vedova)
- 6 Nursing Officers*: Ens. Choi Ji-yeon (NPC), Ens. Gabrielle Porchevska (Moonsong)
- 3 Nurse's Aides (1/1/1)
- 6 Paramedics (2/2/2): Crewman Third Class Elijah Coleman (Rahman)
- 3 Medical Lab Technicians (1/1/1)
- 3 Medical Assistants (1/1/1):
13 Officers, 75 Enlisted
- 1 Chief Engineer: LtJG Geoffrey Teller
- 1 Engineering Administrative Assistant/Engineering Trainee: Tasnim Shandres (Rahman)
- 1 Assistant Chief Engineer:
- 6 Engineering Officers*: Ens. Wil Ukinix, Lt Cmdr. Tristam Core (Blake)
- 6 Engineering Lab Technicians (3/3/0)
- 9 Components Engineering Technicians (3/3/3):
- 1 Propulsion Systems Officer*:
- 3 Warp Field Specialists (1/1/1)
- 3 Impulse Systems Specialists (1/1/1)
- 9 Propulsion Systems Technicians (3/3/3)
- 1 Computer Systems Officer* Lt. Jayla Petras (Moonsong)
- 12 Computer Core Technicians (4/4/4)
- 6 Computer Systems Technicians (2/2/2):
- Crewman Second Class Elin George (NPC)
- Crewman First Class Nirol Semer (NPC)
- 1 Maintenance/Damage Control Officer*
- 3 Maintenance Specialists/Damage Control Team Leaders (1/1/1):
- 6 Maintenance/Damage Control Technicians (2/2/2): Crewman Buyisiwe Mncedisi (NPC)
- 1 Transporter Systems Officer*
- 6 Transporter Room Operators (2/2/2): Crewman First Class Karen Queens (NPC)
- 3 Transporter Maintenance Technicians (1/1/1)
- 1 Shuttlebay Ops Officer*: Lt. Danielle Vistain (Rahman)
- 8 Shuttle Maintenance Technicians (4/2/2)
10 Officers, 30 Enlisted
- 1 Chief of Security/Tactical: Cmdr Kelrod
- 6 Security/Tactical Officers: LtJG G'var, Lt. Dallas Zea (del Vedova)
- 9 Security Crewmen (3/3/3): Crewman Second Class Rotha (NPC), Crewman Second Class Doriyan Zavr (NPC), 'Crewman Second Class Luvina Taugan (NPC), Crewman Second Class Wren Bicondova (NPC)
- 1 Weapons Officer*: Ens. Seeker Macedon (NPC)
- 2 Armory Technicians (1/1/0): Petty Officer Rhee Yu-jin (NPC)
- 10 Torpedo Bay Crewmen (4/4/2)
- 5 Phaser Control Technicians (2/2/1)
Search and Rescue Operations
- 1 SAR Team Leader:
- 1 SAR Assistant Team Leader*:
- 2 SAR Paramedics: Crewman Third Class Plica Phyllis (NPC)
- 1 SAR Weapons Technician: Crewman Third Class Sirah Golova (NPC)
- 1 SAR Communications Technician: Crewman Second Class Kintro Vetiros (NPC)
- Additional personnel assigned to SAR team from other departments
1 Officer, 22 Enlisted
- 1 Supply Officer/Quartermaster*
- 9 Supply/Cargo Bay Technicians (3/3/3): Crewman Second Class Zadra Brakan (NPC)
- 13 Galley/Lounge/Mess Attendants (5/5/3)
Civilians and Guests