|2394, Episode 9|
|The Tyrellian Sector Saga|
|Gorkon Mission History |
Previous Missions · Crew Logs
|2393||A Wolf in Sheep's Clothing|
|2394||Old Hatreds · The Silver Function · The Devil's Expanse · Telutho'kai|
|2395||Hvei'khenn · Sweet Dreams Are Made of This|
|2396||The Njörðr Incident · Operation Sea Devil|
|Edit this Nav|
- Stardate 239412.28 to 239502.12
After a starbase goes silent, the USS Gorkon is tasked with discovering what happened to the station and its 100,000 missing occupants.
- SS Wayne Trace: Convoy-class heavy vessel equipped with a quantum slipstream drive. The last vessel to dock at Starbase 173 before the disappearance of the crew.
- USS Komodo: The vessel, actually the USS Kell, had been tasked with investigating a suspected smuggling operation.
- Orion Syndicate: Conducting a smuggling operation.
- Mysterious Artifact: Possibly of Romulan origin, with pre-Romulan glyphs, etched into the surface.
- Thoron radiation: When the fusion reactor blew up, the space station flooded with thoron radiation, reducing the effectiveness of communications and transporters.
- Leelou: Orion Syndicate Underlord
- Grall: Commander of the USS Komodo, Deceased
- Khala Picasso: Starbase 173 Inhabitant, Lieutenant JG, Science Officer (Biophysicist)
- Turak: Starbase 173 Inhabitant, Lieutenant JG, Science Officer (Mathematical Physicist)
- Sulia: Starbase 173 Inhabitant, Lieutenant JG, Science Officer (Chemical Physicist)
- Karen Worthington: Starbase 173 Inhabitant, Cadet First Class, Science Officer
- Wuski Kajan: Starbase 173 Inhabitant, Civilian Child
- Investigate the Command Centre
- Investigate the Science Labs
- Investigate Main Engineering
- Investigate the commercial and recreation areas
The Investigator-class starbase, with a population of 100,000 civilians and Starfleet personnel, has not responded to any attempts at contact for over two days, and emergency channels remain stubbornly quiet.
“You’d expect a distress call, at least,” said Ensign Sen Baidan, a communications specialist aboard the Gorkon. “But nothing, not even the automated systems? That’s a little frightening. What could silence an entire starbase?”
On arrival, the Gorkon discovered no trace of the station’s population, and found the station undamaged, but in a state of hibernation. Away teams were dispatched to areas likely to hold answers to the mysterious situation; the command centre, science laboratories, engineering and the docking bays. Thoron radiation was detected in the engineering section, obscuring some areas from sensor scans, and in the command centre the signs were that the crew vanished in the midst of a normal working day.
Meanwhile, the Gorkon’s Defiant-class escort vessels, the USS Triumphant and the USS Resolute, were tasked with maintaining patrol routes around the station. Their sensors detected an object exiting the starbase’s space at the slow speed of warp three, and investigations continue into its exact nature.
Before their departure, the crew concluded their shore leave with a visit to Cyrithra Forest, where they participated in a celebration of the Festival of Stars, a Tyrellian celebration of thanks. The festival is known for spectacular and beautiful arrangements of lamps, designed to make those in attendance feel as though they are walking among the stars themselves as they give thanks to friends, family and the universe for bringing them to their new home. During the festival, many of the crew were honoured with service ribbons for their heroism and skills during their ordeal in the Devil's Expanse.
Written by: Quinn Reynolds
|REV SD 239604.14|