Species Development Committee
|Species Development Committee|
Welcome to the home of the Species Development Committee. We are responsible for the creation of new species, updating old species and doing rewrites on all species that may require it. Currently the SDC is busy rewriting most of the species entries on the Intelligent Lifeform Index. Anyone can be a member of this team. All we require is an interest in the various species found in the Star Trek universe.
Just joined UFOP: SB118, and want to help out? You've come to the right place! You must be a full Ensign before you can be a part of a team, but once you are, just head to the Species Development Committee Yahoo! Group and request membership.
Once you have become a member of the SDC you will be able to work on various species projects such as:
- 1) The creation of brand new species
- 2) Expanding and rewriting old species entries
- 3) Adding new data that has been created by players during their simming adventures
- 4) Researching the internet for data regarding various species
All the members of the SDC are available to assist with creative feedback, suggestions or advice.
The SDC is dedicated to the over all improvement and development of every species entry on our own SB118 wiki. This is for a few reasons.
- First so as to provide our players with the best resource available when picking a species to play or use in a sim.
- Next so that all new species created by this community can be preserved for future use.
- So that new ideas and concepts created during a simming adventure are saved and preserved for future use on the correct species wiki page.
In this way we hope that with time our species will grow and develop into complex and fully realized races with histories, customs, backgrounds in such a way as to make them individuals like the more recognised and established races we all know and love such as Klingons, Cardassians, Vulcans, Romulans, Andorians and Bajorans just to name a few.
All species entries on our own SB118 wiki follow the same process regardless of origin.
|Teams||StarBase 118 Academy: Training Team|
|UFOP: SB118 Group Elements: Publicity Team · Newsies Team · Newsletter Team · Wiki Administrators · Wiki Operations Team · Web Development Team · Chat Team · Poll of the Week · The (Image) Collective · Department of Veterans Affairs · Timeline Project · The Reporter · Podcasts Team · SB118 Development Team · Species Development Team · Memory Book Team|
|Contests & Challenges: Writing Challenge · Top Sims Contest Judges · Featured Bio Contest|
|Guilds||Characters Guild · Readers Guild · Lambda Alliance · Species Guild|
|Duty Post Forums|
|Command||Executive Council · Captains Council|