Montreal has a crew of 190 (45 officers and 145 enlisted). Civilians are not normally carried unless approved by the commanding officer.
The 45 officers aboard the Montreal represent slightly less than a quarter of the ship's total complement. To become an officer, these individuals have either graduated Starfleet Academy or earned their commission through the Officer Candidate School after having attained their education in their field elsewhere.
Officers assume leadership roles within their departments and are responsible for training and supervising both junior officers and the enlisted personnel under their command.
- See also: Starfleet Rank Index: Officer for more information about officers and officer ranks.
PC-exclusive officer duty posts
The following duty posts are given priority to PCs and are restricted from NPCs/PNPCs at this time:
- Ship's Counselor
- Strategic Operations Officer
- Any department chief or assistant chief position
The 145 enlisted personnel aboard Montreal make up the majority of the ship's crew and are distributed across the ship's departments in various technical specialties and duty posts distinct from officers. For instance, medics and lab technicians are enlisted personnel whereas physicians, nurses, and scientists are commissioned officers (see officer duty posts above). All enlisted personnel are eligible for NPC/PNPC play.
- See also: Starfleet Rank Index: Enlisted for more information about enlisted personnel and enlisted ranks.
Non-Starfleet personnel, Civilians, and Guests
Non-Starfleet personnel such as those from other Federation agencies (Federation Security, Federation Diplomatic Corps, etc.) are occasionally attached to the ship on special assignments.
Civilians are not normally carried aboard unless approved by the commanding officer as space and amenities are limited.
- Interested in simming for a civilian or non-Starfleet character? Contact the command staff to discuss your idea for a character!
Complete Ship's Roster
- Enlisted duty posts and personnel are listed in italics and are all eligible for NPC/PNPC play.
- Officer duty posts marked with an asterisk are eligible for NPC/PNPC play.
- Player Characters(PCs) are listed in bold.
- Player NPCs (PNPCs) are listed with their writer's PC in parentheses.
- General NPCs are listed in plain text with (NPC) after their names.
- If you wish to write for an NPC/PNPC to fill a duty post listed below that is not currently taken or "filled to capacity," you may do so by simply simming the character directly and then adding the character's name to the roster below.
- Numbers listed within each department are not static. If you have an idea for an NPC or PNPC you wish to introduce for a duty post not listed or already filled, please don't hesitate to contact the command staff to discuss further.
- The wiki is considered an out-of-character (OOC) resource to document what is actually simmed. If you add a character to the wiki roster but do not actually introduce that character IC into our sim, then others are allowed to introduce their own character and update the wiki to reflect the actual ship complement accordingly.
Crew of the USS Montreal
Total: 190 (45 Officers, 145 Enlisted)
|Starfleet Personnel Demographics (Total: 190)
3 Shift Rotation
- Day (Alpha) Shift: 0700-1500 hours
- Swing (Beta) Shift: 1500-2300 hours
- Night (Gamma) Shift: 2300-0700 hours
Officer duty shift staffing varies according to departmental needs as assigned by the department chiefs.
The typical number of enlisted personnel from a particular duty post during a shift is listed after each enlisted post in parentheses: (Day/Swing/Night).
- Example: 3 Ship's Research Library Aides (2/1/0)
- 3 total library aides on board with 2 on duty during Day Shift, 1 on duty during Swing Shift, and 0 on duty during Night Shift.
- Shift schedule rotates weekly.
- All off-duty personnel are on standby during Yellow Alert.
- All off-duty personnel report to their stations during Red Alert.
9 Officers, 9 Enlisted
- 1 Commanding Officer: Commander Mei'konda
- 1 First Officer/Executive Officer: Lieutenant Commander Lael Rosek
- 1 Command Master Chief Petty Officer:
- 1 Strategic Operations Officer:
- 1 Operations Manager:
- 2 Operations Aides: (1/1/0)
- 1 Helm/Navigation Officer: Ensign Tiria Hamasaki
- 2 Relief Helm/Navigation Officers: Ensign Mesda Chatva (Rosek)
- 1 Ship's Counselor: Lieutenant Femi Cattan
- 1 Records Officer*
- 3 Records Assistants (1/1/1)
- 1 Mission Specialist: Lieutenant Riley Delar (Skyfire)
5 Officers, 11 Enlisted
- 1 Chief of Sciences: Lieutenant German Galven
- 2 Science Officers: Ensign Stennin, Ensign Torali Elzizabath (Tel-ar)
- 1 Science Administrative Assistant: Lieutenant JG Andrea Munger (Galven)
- 1 Stellar Cartographer/Astronomer
- 3 Stellar Cartography Technicians (1/1/1): Crewman First Class Kala Rurin (Rosek)
- 1 Ship's Librarian: Crewman First Class Borq (Galven)
- 3 Ship's Research Library Aides (2/1/0): Crewman Second Class The Curator (Stennin)
- 4 Research/Lab Technicians (2/2/0): Crewman Third Class Muvyn Padix (NPC)
10 Officers, 15 Enlisted
- 1 Chief Medical Officer: Lieutenant Commander Chythar Skyfire
- 1 Assistant Chief Medical Officer:
- 3 Medical Officers*: Ensign Greywin Fergus (Skyfire), Lieutenant Commander Solok
- 1 Chief Nursing Officer*: Lieutenant Faryul Nishal (NPC)
- 4 Nursing Officers*: Ensign Beelam Grog, Ensign Calys Vera (NPC)
- 3 Nurse's Aides (1/1/1)
- 6 Paramedics (2/2/2):
- 3 Medical Lab Technicians (1/1/1)
- 3 Medical Assistants (1/1/1):
5 Officers, 44 Enlisted
- 2 Duty Officers (Relief):
- 1 Operations Officer Trainee:
- 5 Operations Assistants / Specialists:
- 12 Diplomatic/Galley/Lounge Attendants (4/5/3):
- 2 Shuttlebay Operations Officers: Lt. Elise Fields (Rosek)
- 8 Shuttlecraft Maintenance Technicians:
- 1 Transporter Chief: Chief Petty Officer Emma Lindsay (General NPC)
- 5 Transporter Operators:
- 8 Transporter Technicians:
- 1 Logistics Officer:
10 Officers, 49 Enlisted
- 1 Chief Engineer: Lieutenant Commander Anjar Thoran (Rosek) (Acting)
- 1 Engineering Administrative Assistant:
- 1 Assistant Chief Engineer: Lieutenant Carter Greyson (Skyfire) (Acting)
- 5 Engineering Officers*: Lieutenant JG Jacob Harkrow, Lieutenant J.G. Francis Michaels (General NPC)
- 6 Engineering Lab Technicians (3/3/0)
- 9 Components Engineering Technicians (3/3/3):
- 1 Propulsion Systems Officer*:
- 3 Warp Field Specialists (1/1/1)
- 3 Impulse Systems Specialists (1/1/1)
- 5 Propulsion Systems Technicians (2/2/1)
- 1 Computer Systems Officer*
- 6 Computer Core Technicians (2/2/2)
- 3 Computer Systems Technicians (1/1/1)
- 1 Maintenance/Damage Control Officer*
- 3 Maintenance Specialists/Damage Control Team Leaders (1/1/1):
- 10 Maintenance/Damage Control Technicians (4/3/3): Crewman Second Class Miskre Swenhart (Galven) , Petty Officer 2nd class Juris Kov Por'kus (Tel-ar)
6 Officers, 17 Enlisted
- 1 Chief of Security/Tactical: Commander Tal Tel-ar
- 4 Security/Tactical Officers:
- 6 Security Crewmen (2/2/2): Crewman First Class Darix Cullin (Rosek)
- 1 Weapons Officer*:
- 2 Armory Technicians (1/1/0):
- 6 Torpedo Bay Crewmen (2/2/2)
- 3 Phaser Control Technicians (1/1/1)
Civilians and Guests
- 1 Embedded FNS Journalist: Arno Bisset (NPC)
- 1 Archaeologist: Timothy Alentonis (Skyfire)
- 1 Bartender: Gary Gram (NPC)