|This page or section is undergoing an expansion or major revamping.
However, you are welcome to assist in its construction by editing it as well. Comments regarding possible improvements are welcome on the articles talk page.
|Intelligent Lifeform Index|
|Four Letter Code||LYDO|
|Planet of Origin||Lydor V|
|Encountered||First encountered by USS Atlantis|
|Current Tech Level||AR|
|List of Named Lydorians|
Full ILI Gallery • Permitted Species Gallery
- Quadrant: Beta
- Location: Par'tha Expanse, Freeworlds Region (coordinates ???)
- Proper Name: Ranae Toxas system
- Stars: It orbits a class A (White) star
- Distance from Star: its orbit is approximately 71 million km
- Companions: It is the 5th of 9 planets in the system
- Moons: It has 2 tiny moons and 1 medium moon
- Proper Name: Lydor V
- Diameter: 14,392 km (8,943 miles)
- Gravity: 1.10 standard gravity with a density of 5.6
- Axial Tilt: 9.2% minor tilt with minor seasonal effects
- Orbital Period: 422.4 days
- Rotational Period: 29.3 hours
- Classification: O
- Surface Water: 91%
- Atmosphere: a standard atmosphere with a pressure of about 1.08 earth normal, with nitrogen 72%, oxygen 23% and other gas 3%
- Climate: Ocean currents are warm except at the poles, contributing to the heavy amount of precipitation across the entire surface. Seasonal changes are minor. Islands are mainly tropical in nature.
- Terrain: Numerous small islands scattered widely.
- Population: 100 Thousand
This semi-amphibious species has a wide variety of skin coloration as well as numerous mucus glands that secrets a toxic chemical that coats the majority of their epidermis. While they are impervious to the affects of this toxin it seems to have an immediate adverse affect on most other species. They have small eyes with a second eyelid that blinks often to keep the eye moist and to protect it when they are not in the water. For the most part males and females are identical except for subtle differences in skin coloration with the males having darker skin colors. Both males and females are on average between 3 1/2 foot to 5 foot tall. They have three thick stubby fingers and one thumb on their hands and 3 toes on their feet.
There was a genetic deformation that some people possessed known by them as the "Mother's Patch", a starkly different colored spot patch that appeared between their bulbous eyes, differing from the rest of their bodies. Most people with this deformation are usually put into clerical service, as it is seen as the Mother calling for them.
Long term observation of this species has shown that they can breathe underwater for approximately 10 to 15 minutes before needing to surface.
In depth religious beliefs centered around water gods.
Also called "the Mother", she is the patron goddess of the Lydorian city "Rrenkhetha", the largest city on the planet. She is the goddess of the deep waters. As it was believed, the faithful and worthy would one day return to her waters when they died, as the Mother called them home. To rest with her in the deep depths where only gods and their chosen could reside.
Referred by many as "the Father", he is most powerful deity in their pantheon, patron of the city "Gub'kôjha" which was the nearest neighbour of Renkhetha. He is the greatest warrior and is the creator of the water and everything under the sea.
An obscure reference was found that refereed to a sub-species of Lydorian called Hundoras. Based on the description they were twice as tall as other Lydorians with muscular frames and a head more than twice the size of the typical Lydorian. Their skin tones were described as being dark aqua-gray with darker blackish-blue mottled patterns. According to the myths they were believed to be prone to violent and unexpected outbursts.
Pre-warp, Bronze Age equivalent. Aquatic/naval focused society. Coral-mining is considered a sacred job, and with their native corals they decorate their temples to their gods and so on. There is usually water flowing through their cities' structures, as they settle near the ocean.
Each city has their own fleet of "faithships", which the cleric use for military operations or for simple trade. It is considered to be a great honour to be a part of the crew of these faithships, as they worship their respective gods or goddesses and it shows being in their favour.
Starfleet Intelligence Files
- This is an original Starbase 118 species created by the crew of the USS Atlantis.