|Engineering Officer of the USS Atlantis|
- Full Name: Kyryn
- Race: Betazoid/Vulcan Hybrid
- Date of Birth: 236804.25
- Place of Birth: Ohmallera, Betazed
- Age: 27
- Gender: Hermaphrodite
- Telepathic status: T5/E5 Telepathic/Empathic Scale
- Height: 192cm 6'3
- Weight: 85kg 187pounds
- Hair Color: Black
- Length of Hair: Mostly long, but can be cut very short or middle - depends on the mood
- Eye Color: Black
- Skin Tone: tanned
- Birthmarks, Scars: Long cut along the left palm – Kyryn fell of the horse and cut his palm on the branch, s/he was not supposed to ride alone and because of that hid the cut from everyone. Later when parents asked him and s/he explained how s/he got it, they made a decision to leave the mark as a reminder.
- Tattoos/Body Modifications: none
- Build: Mesomorph, broad shoulders and narrow hips
- Face: Round
- Eyes: Big
- Mouth: Small
- Arms: Muscled
- Legs: Muscled
- Carriage: Walks always holding straight and looking regal
- Poses: Have cute pose, very unusual for males, what shows his feminine side
- Taste in Clothing (when off duty): robes
- Shoes: sandals or slippers
- Voice: deep, feminine and gentle
- Handedness: Right-handed, though can use most of the tools with both hands
- Quarters: Kyryn has a tendency to turn his quarters into a mess that always gets hard to clean by the cleaning crew that gets to turn it back into regular living quarters.
- Favorite Room: Engineering
- Mannerisms: Giggles a lot, too much actually. Also flirt a lot and with everyone. When have to make serious decision often stare into his palm with a cut mark.
- Physical Limitations: Due to his size s/he has huge problem moving through Jefferies tubes and tends to avoid small spaces.
- Temperament: Very gentle and always kind.
- Habits: Will exercise and have breakfast if by any mean it is possible.
- Religion/Spiritual Devotion: Mix of Vulcan and Betazoid beliefs. S/he cherishes both side of his heritage.
Child of two pretty different worlds and unusual for both, Kyryn embraced both and finding middle road turned into deeply spiritual and always in everything kind person with love for nature and people.
Hobbies and Pastimes
- Outdoors - growing up in a city and away from nature, his whole life Kyryn had a lust for going out into nature and spending time in the woods and hills.
- Backpacking – whenever s/he could, during his youth Kyryn was leaving town and walking through the nature just observing it and enjoying – on holodeck s/he will often do the same, chose a hill and walk or ride horses
- Gardening – his small garden in Ohmallera had all the herbs s/he used in cooking and lot of various flowers. S/he loves small but colorful ones with strong scents.
- Horse riding – Kyryn adores horse riding, but at the same time fears horses. Holodeck made his love easier to enjoy, for its safeties. S/h fell from the horse as a kid and it left deep mark.
- Sand castle building – s/he learned to do it while on vacation with parents on Risa when was young adult and it stayed as something s/he loves a lot to this days and will often chose as a way to relax in holodeck
- Xylography – once walking through the woods with his elderly cousin from Vulcan, Mr. Locyc, Kyryn was passing by the lake where his cousin spotted a piece of wood and jumped acting un-Vulcanishly thrilled for finding it. They took the log back home and dried it. Locyc then carved the picture in it and later covered it with ink and “print” the picture on the pieces of paper, giving it to kids to color it. Since then Kyryn was always looking for the lakes or small brooks for the logs or pieces of wood s/he can use for carving. Learning the technique and improving it with years, s/he was often joining schools on the ships s/he served to teach children about it and give them pictures they could use for later coloring in their art classes.
- Embroidery – one thing s/he learned later in his life. It was during the Starfleet Academy when didn’t have much time to go out into the nature and s/he needed something to calm him. During second year s/he shared a room with a man from Japan who was very good in free embroidery and taught him first basics of Counted-thread embroidery and later free embroidery.
- Free embroidery
- Counted-thread embroidery
- Puzzles – of any physical kind, what lead him to choose engineering
Likes and Dislikes
- Injustice – one thing that will make him act irrational is injustice.
- Pain – s/he may actually stand to be in pain, but s/he don’t like it at all and will seek medical help for even a cut.
- Big Weapons – though s/he learned how to use guns, if s/he can avoid it, Kyryn will never use anything bigger than Type II phaser.
Ambitions and Goals
Kyrin wants to be commanding officer. Will s/he ever be a Captain of his own ship doesn’t matter to him, at least not at the moment, but s/he wants to be in command, to be able to lead and more important teach.
Personal Achievements and Disappointments
Biggest disappointment of his life was when s/he found baby kolit (squirrel of the Loneel Mountains on Betazed) and tried to return it back to its mother, climbing to the tree, but mother pushed it away. S/he later took it home and fed it and nurtured and with a help of veterinary expert, but baby still died.
Betazoid family Kyryn's mother belongs to is not of the noble houses, but is a big family with connections and wealth which is always taking good care of all its members, sharing wealth as needed. When she re-married to Kyryn’s father Kihyn, family provided them with a house in the city of Ohmallera, where they lived till Kihyn went seeking new jobs. Then Aoxapa moved to one of the estates family owns, where older woman of the family were living and taking care of the children in their tender years, what is best environment for little Lada.
Vulcan Family Kihyn is coming from is, is not as big as the other, but connection they have are close knit and caring.
- Marital Status: Single
- Lada Eogut - 10 years old daughter – only members of the family knows of her and they are keeping the existence secret by Kyryn’s wish. Child is living with his Betazoid mother now in the house of her family. Kyryn gave her Betazoid name; since girl is 3/4 Betazoid and has only slightly pointed ears as a sign of her Vulcan heritage and because decision was made from the start that she will be living with grandmother, only visiting Kyryn. Father is unknown, mostly because Kyryn never wanted to find out.
- Aoxapa Eogut – Kyryn’s Betazoid Mother is geologist.
- Kihyn – Vulcan geologist – Kyryn’s parents met on the excavation site where they were called both as geologic advisors during the excavations.
Kyryn’s parents were both respectively in their lives good husband and wife to their beloved ones, also both the family member that stayed at home while their beloved ones built their careers. Kihyn’s wife was Starfleet Officer and Aoxapa’s husband was famous doctor throughout the Federation Space.
When they met they were both widows for several years, with children leaving house to attend schools and they both feeling lonely turned to their love for geology and to building their own careers. Working together and living together on the excavation site, they were building respect for each other what soon turned into love.
Kyrin has 5 half brothers and sisters – children his parents had in their respective first marriages.
Kihyn and Aoxapa got Kyryn a year after their marriage, while Aoxapa decided to stay at home and take care of the child, Kihyn returned to building his career and though they have good relationship it is obviously suffering for the time they are divided.
Aoxapa could join her husband when Kyryn went to school, but she decided it is too late for her to do that and when he gave birth to Lada she took the girl into care.
- 236804.25 : Born in Ohmallera
- 237505.02: Cut his hand riding
Kyryn was born while Aoxapa and Kihyn lived happily in Ohmallera a year after their wedding. First several months parents, though not young and having grown up children before Kyryn were startled by having him, or her. But since otherwise child was completely normal and was developing into smart, strong and capable child, all their fears were replaced with joy of watching Kyryn grow up.
Kyryn was always gentle and full of love for everyone. Aoxapa, not used to a child who had all his psionic abilities developing from the birth and even before was a bit frazzled, but with a help from her husband learned to cherish it.
With loving parents who had a will to care and nurture his will to learn Kyryn grew into bright young boy with a love for nature and play and learning.
During the holiday visit to cousin’s estate decided to don’t listen to his parent’s recommendation and went riding on his own. During the ride s/he fell hard and cut his palm on the branch. Since s/he was hiding the cut till it healed and left the scar, parents decided to leave it be, to always remind him how it may be dangerous to don’t listen what parents are teaching him.
Living on Betazed, Kyryn did great in school since his father exercised Vulcan teaching techniques with him from the early age.
Kyryn was not much into sports, but he loved to exercise. With his father who learned to respect his child’s female side, Kyryn learned several exercise techniques which helped her to develop muscles.
Kyryn loved visits to the big estate outside of the town where they were often spending holidays with whole big family.
From the early age Kyryn had a love for puzzles and games of logic like chess and Kal-Toh and that connected him with his cousin James, who was a years older and his role model from the day they met.
Kyryn was following his cousin’s steps as best as he could, but James was too good to truly follow in academicals manner by Kyryn whose mother sheltered him from rigorous Vulcan customs.
It is custom that young people on Betazed go to the parties and have fun with other young people of their age. Problem was that Kyryn was, due to his mixed heritage emotionally younger than other young people of his age. S/he was shy and not used to party like others s/he met.
During one of the gatherings organized on the lake of the one of the estates, Kyryn got drunk and very possibly drugged, since s/he didn’t remember much of anything that happened except that s/he was teased for being Hermaphrodite. Ashamed, she didn’t tell anything to parents. When s/he was not feeling well few months later, visit to the hospital revealed Kyryn is pregnant.
When child was born Kyryn decided to leave Betazed and apply to Starfleet Academy. Though not as good as James and with only a year of engineering university, still Kyryn was admitted to Starfleet Academy in first attempt. For Kyryn it was a way to run from shame.
Kyryn was very proud of his cousin, who was though just a year older than him, not just notable member of Starfleet, but in final year also his professor in Academy.
Kyryn had only several, but very close friends during Academy and s/he is keeping in touch with them on as regular basis as it is possible for the Starfleet Officers who don’t serve on the same ships.
They partied – Kyryn was for the first time “alone”, without parent’s almost constant supervision and s/he was using the time to do things s/he never did or never would do at home. In the last year s/he had several short lived relationships which all ended leaving him empty.
Post Academy/In the Fleet
Time he served on USS Something s/he was very closed and concentrated on the work and learning the tropes of the craft, so except few shallow relationship with fellow engineers he didn’t met anyone to remember or stay in touch.
|James||LtCmdr James, now chief engineer on board the USS Darwin-A, is Kyryn’s favorite cousin and a role model since the moment they met. James is also a reason Kyryn joined Starfleet Academy.|
- Date Graduated from Academy: 239011.27
- Current Rank: Lieutenant
- Current Assignment: USS Atlantis
- Duty Post: Engineering Officer
Awards & Commendations
StarFleet Assessments and Records
Kyryn is very independent and capable in execution of his duties, always in time, clean and ready for duty. Still, quiet and introvert, he was never noticed by his superiors. Serving on big ship, he watched his Academy friends get promoted, while he was left behind. His cousin James, who attended Starfleet Academy with him was already Lieutenant Commander when Kyryn was still an Ensign.
Decommissioning of the old ship changed his poting to the much smaller ship where everyone knew each other and knew how much any of the officers is worth.
|Cadet First Class||239011.27||Graduated Starfleet Academy||Engineering|
He don’t have office, but likes keeping engineering neat and without things dropped around, completely different from his own quarters.
Notable Mission SIMs