Kael Tam is currently a Nurse Practitioner on board the USS Triumphant.
- 1 Stats
- 2 Appearance
- 3 Personality
- 4 Family
- 5 Personal History
- 6 Professional History
- Full Name: Kael Tam
- Race: Trill (Unjoined)
- Date of Birth: 234809.01
- Place of Birth: Leran Manev, Trill.
- Age: 36
- Gender: Male
- Telepathic status: T3
- Height: 1.85m (6'1)
- Weight: 74.84kg (165lbs).
- Hair Colour: Chestnut Brown.
- Length of Hair: Long.
- Eye Colour: Dark Brown.
- Skin Tone: Caucasian, with typical Trill markings.
- Birthmarks, Scars: No significant scars or birthmarks.
- Tattoos/Body Modifications: None.
- Build: Muscular.
- Carriage: Confident, relaxed and fluid.
- Taste in Clothing (when off duty):
- Voice: Warm and rich.
- Handedness: Left-handed.
Kael Tam is an personable, easy-going man with a ready sense of humour. He has a strong sense of compassion and duty and is not above speaking his mind if he thinks a particular course of action is not in apatient's best interests or unethical.
Hobbies and Pastimes
- Hobby 1: Art - Sketching, drawing and painting, he enjoys putting images of people and places to paper.
- Hobby 2: Self-defence - Kael enjoys Renzati, a Trill form of boxing.
Likes and Dislikes
- Like 1: People - Kael is a social person and enjoys the company of other people.
- Like 2:
- Dislike 1: Blah
- Dislike 2: Blah
Ambitions and Goals
After the death of his wife, many of Kael's ambitions were pushed aside for the simple goal of surviving from each day to the next. While things are improving, he still has few long-reaching goals other than doing his job to the best of his ability.
Personal Achievements and Disappointments
Kael is proud of his Starfleet record and the commendations he has received from his superior officers, as well the reputation and rank he has earned for himself. He feels that while there is always more to learn, he is a capable and skilled nurse who actively assists in hispatient's recovery.
One enduring disappointment is his perceived failure as a father. Unable to cope with raising his daughter Aimi alone, he left her in the care of his parents while continuing his Starfleet career. Though he feels he is letting her down, he finds himself unwilling or unable to request a posting where his daughter could join him.
- Marital Status: Widower
- Wife: Idra Tam (Deceased)
- Number of children: One
- Daughter: Aimi Tam.
- Mother: Maia Tam.
- Father: Jeran Tam.
- Sister: Dacia Seren
Kael is one of the few natural Trill telepaths and was raised from a young age to be a Guardian in the employ of the Symbiosis Commission, assisting and facilitating the varied rites that joined Trill and their symbionts participate in. It was an upbringing he rebelled against and when he was 18, he left Trill to join Starfleet as an enlisted crewman, specialising in emergency medical care. He maintains to this day that he made the right decision and was grateful when his parents supported him in it. His sister, an aspiring host, was less enthused by his decision and her subsequent joining with the symbiont Seren has resulted in continuing strained relations between the pair.
He met his future wife Idra while on teaching assignment to Starfleet Medical; she was a systems technician involved in the maintenance of the complex computers employed there. After several months together, they returned to Trill and married. Their daughter, Aimi, was born two years later, an event Kael would described as "the most important in his life".
Idra's death in 2380 shook Kael to his foundations. The medical outpost they had both been posted to was raided by Romulans who had splintered from the Empire after the assassination of the Romulan Senate in 2379. Kael was away attending a conference when the attack occurred and escaped unscathed. He took a leave of absence for a month and returned to Trill with Aimi. His returned to Starfleet was accompanied by a new posting and one that took him away from his daughter, though he has yet to reveal if that is by coincidence or design.
- 2348: Born.
- 2372: Kael's sister, Dacia, joins with the Seren symbiont.
- 2376: Marries Idra, in a traditional Trill ceremony.
- 237804.23: Kael's daughter, Aimi, is born.
- 238002.17: Idra dies during a renegade Romulan attack on the medical outpost she and Kael were stationed at.
Kael's Starfleet dossier paints a picture of a reliable, devoted member of Starfleet. There are a number of endorsements and commendations on his record and his steady promotion through the enlisted ranks speak highly of him. He has been offered the chance to attend Officer's Candidate School to become an ensign on a number of occasions, but has stated that he prefers to remain enlisted.
- 236609.03: Enters Starfleet Academy for Enlisted Personnel
- 236706.05: Graduates from the Academy.
- 236812.31: Promoted to Crewman 2nd Class.
- 237006.07: Promoted to Crewman 1st Class.
- 237106.05: Promoted to Petty Officer 3rd Class.
- 237409.27: Promoted to Petty Officer 2nd Class.
- 237811.12: Promoted to Petty Officer 1st Class, posted to Outpost XXXX.
- 238003.29: Posted to USS Hawking.
- 238405.10: Promoted to Chief Petty Officer, posted to USS Triumphant.
- Date Graduated from Academy: 236706.05
- Current Rank: Chief Petty Officer
- Current Assignment: USS Triumphant.
- Duty Post: Nurse Practitioner.
Awards & Commendations
(( Under Construction ))
StarFleet Assessments and Records
(( Under Construction ))
- Sickbay: Kael is fastidious about keeping his working areas clean and tidy - any sickbay he works in is noticeably spotless.
Crewman 1st Class