|Crew of the USS Mercury|
|Lt. Commander Isaac Bale|
- 1 PERSONAL INFORMATION
- 2 PROFESSIONAL INFORMATION
- 3 AWARDS
- 4 MISSION LOGS
- 5 SIMS
As a young man, Isaac threw off the pacifist mantle that most associate with the Betazoid species when the Dominion War threatened to engulf the entire Alpha Quadrant. He joined the Federation Marine Corp to defend everything that he held dear. Due to his advantageous physical abilities, and his formidable telepathic strength, he was quickly assigned to their Special Forces division to receive further training. During a mission on [CLASSIFIED] Isaac was rendered unconscious in battle and captured by Cardassian forces. He underwent extreme interrogation and experimentation at their hands, but later escaped to find that the war was over. After finishing his tour as a Marine, Isaac went on to join Starfleet Intelligence, where he still serves.
Isaac Bale was once what most people would call cold-hearted. He has witnessed the horrors of war as a Marine. He has endured unimaginable torture and torment at the hands of his Cardassian captors. He has experienced extreme physical and psychological conditioning during his Intelligence training. Somewhere along the way, something inside of him died. He went numb. His has been a long and winding road, filled with a heap of bloody, bitter mistakes high enough to bury empires, but since joining the crew of the USS Mercury he has finally begun to regain his humanity. Honor and duty are his passions now. They drive him ever forward, filling him with a desire to do what's right.
- Carriage: Isaac carries himself well, with head held high and shoulders back, unless he is trying to blend in. One notable exception is that he tends to walk on the edge of his feet and roll onto the flat bottom, rather than thumping along. Years of practice have made stealthy movement a matter of course for him.
- Temperament: Isaac usually maintains a calm demeanor, and prides himself not only on being able to make the hard decisions, but also on his will to act. When someone or something threatens those he cares about, they will find that rousing his anger is never a wise course of action.
- Habits: Isaac has a habit of staring people right in the eyes when he knows they're looking at him. He has practiced giving an intense stare with his dark Betazoid eyes that many people find unsettling, which is of course why he does it.
- Religion/Spiritual Devotion: Like most Betazoids, Isaac Bale is a polytheist. He has a particular focus on the teachings of Khrysaros, however. He is skilled in the Betazoid martial art of Tassa'Akai and will carry his Khrysar'Akai with him on missions where combat is expected, as much for religious reasons as for the weapon's effectiveness.
Hobbies and Pastimes
Bale is never off duty. He has dedicated his life to the perfection of his craft, and so will spend most of his free time engaged in activities designed for that purpose. He can often be found enduring intense physical training and conditioning regimes on the holodeck, or else deep in a meditative state designed to center and focus his mind.
Though he rarely has time to stop and enjoy them, Isaac does have an appreciation for the finer things in life. Simple beauty, art, literature and music all remind him of the freedoms offered by the Federation. They remind him of what it is that he fights to protect.
Due to the nature of his career, Isaac has developed a strong distrust of just about everyone. Cardassians, however, have earned an extraordinary degree of contempt from the Intelligence officer who they once tortured and experimented upon for months.
Description of personal quarters goes here.
Ambitions and Goals
Description of goals and ambitions
Personal Achievements and Disappointments
Spouse: Description of spouse/what is the relationship between you and your characters spouse?
Mother: Description of mother/how your characters mother impacted your characters life/how is your characters mother today; does she have an occupation?
Father: OPTIONAL: Description of father/how your characters father impacted your characters life/how is your characters father today; does he have an occupation?
Siblings: OPTIONAL: Description of siblings/how your characters siblings impacted your characters life/how are your characters siblings today; do they have an occupation?
OPTIONAL: Family history/relationship between your character and your characters family.
USS Mercury Missions
|NPC Listing · USS Mercury Crew Manifest · Crew History