Gorkon Technical Overview
- Name: USS Gorkon
- Class: Sovereign
- Registration: NCC-82293
- Type: Explorer
- Production Base: ASDB Integration Facility, San Francisco Fleet Yards, Earth
- Commissioned: 2392
- Motto: "wa' Dol nIvDaq matay'DI' maQap.", translation: "We succeed together in a greater whole." ~ Klingon Proverb
- Length: 685m
- Beam: 251m
- Height: 88m
- Mass: 3,205,000t
- Hull: Heavy Duranium/Tritanium double hull
- Armour: 10 cm Ablative.
- Decks: 24
- Officers: 98
- Enlisted: 507
- Total: 605
- Maximum guest complement: 250
- Maximum evacuation capacity: 4000
- Hardware: Bioneural circuitry
- Operating System: Library Computer Access and Retrieval System (LCARS)
- Impulse: Two PS-204 Terminal Velocity Impulse Units
- Warp: Two nacelles, one Class Nine General Electric M/ARA
- Standard Cruise Speed: 8.0
- Maximum Sustainable Cruise Speed: 9.70
- Maximum Speed: 9.985 (12 hours)
- Quantum Slipstream: General Dynamics Class One Quantum Slipstream Drive
- Phasers: Sixteen Type-XII collimated phaser arrays
- Torpedoes: One rapid fire quantum torpedo tube, four Type IV burst fire photon torpedo tubes, four standard photon torpedo tubes.
- Deflector Shields: 30 auto-modulating, regenerative shield grids.
- Tractor Beams: One tractor beam emitter, ventral saucer section.
- Probes: Launched through the torpedo system, a wide variety of probes and buoys are held on standby for deployment, with additional patterns available for replication.
- Sensors: 65 modular sensor pallets, with the default load-out providing full coverage in all standard scientific fields. Additional pallets are stored in a dedicated area near the shuttlebays, and can be interchanged by any one of the ship's workbees.
- Laboratories: Stellar cartography, astrometrics, plus an additional 40 science laboratories split between multipurpose labs, space and planetary sciences, life sciences, physical sciences and social sciences.
Crew Support Systems
- Medical: Two sickbays. Primary sickbay in saucer section, consisting of six standard and one advanced biobed, one Mark IV Emergency Medical Hologram, Chief Medical Officer's office and pathology laboratory. Secondary sickbay in engineering section consisting of three standard biobeds and one advanced biobed. Additional medical facilities include an an intensive-care unit (ICU), surgical suite, biohazard support, critical care, morgue and a counselling suite.
- Recreational: Captain's dining room, wardroom, crew lounge, mess hall, gymnasium, 10 holodecks, plus additional multi-purpose rooms.
- Personnel: 6 transporter rooms with a 6 man capacity per transporter.
- Cargo: 8 cargo transporters, reconfigurable to quantum level for emergency evacuation.
Auxiliary Spacecraft Systems
- Captain's Yacht: USS Azetbur
- Shuttlebays: Two. Primary bay is located on the dorsal stern of the primary hull, the secondary bay on the aft portion of the engineering hull.
- Runabouts: Yellowstone class (2) -- USS Kahnrah, USS Kerla
- Long Range Shuttles: Type XI Shuttle (4)
- Short Range Shuttles: Type IX Shuttle (6)
- Cargo Management Units: Workbee (4)
- Emergency Evacuation Systems: Type VIII Autonomous Survival and Recovery Vehicles (lifepods)