Personal Logs · Medical Records
Commander David Cody is a currently serving as a Mission Specialist on the USS Apollo-A.
- Height: 5'10"
- Weight: 165lbs
- Hair Color: Brown
- Length of Hair: Short
- Eye Color: Blue
- Skin Tone: White, freckled
- Birthmarks, Scars: None
- Tattoos/Body Modifications: None
- Build: Muscular, sportman
- Face: Long
- Eyes: Large and narrow
- Mouth: quirky
- Arms: long
- Legs: long
- Carriage: strides, militaristic
- Poses: none known to date
- Taste in Clothing (when off duty): Simple, elegant, slacks and unbuttoned collar shirt
- Shoes: doesn't have a preference
- Voice: Rough, deep
- Prized Possessions: none
- Handedness: Right
Personality & Traits
- Observant, on the blunt side in conversation although over the years he's tempered his 'direct-to-the-point' approach for a humourous outlook on most things while maintaining professionalism. He likes to tinker around with small technology projects and spend time with friends and family. He keeps an open mind but does get stubborn on occasion. He has always been somewhat of a take point, prefering to dive into the middle of the action and not one to laze around. Loves his family and treasures the time he has with them, adopted or otherwise. He's hit a point where he tempers his directness with a softer, laid back touch of support, knowing he's not going to be able to entirely overcome his direct methods. He is supportive of his colleagues, maintains and encourages other perspectives, and enjoys an open dialogue.
- He likes to set aside a little time in the day to work on a small tech project.
- Takes time to meditate and a bit of quiet time
- Has a right side, crooked smile
- Can't resist taking apart some interesting piece of tech
- Exercises three to four times a week
- Keeps a clean, organized work space and doesn't like clutter (unless he's tinkering, modifying, or creating some kind of tech).
- Hobbies and Passtimes:
- David loves to tinker around with bits and pieces of tech, given that his favorite place is a mechanic's garage where he spent a chunk of his youth. With that, he enjoys a lot of the forging process, from programming, engineering, carpentry, metalsmithing. He enjoys playing guitar every once in a great while, but isn't in practice. He loves mountain climbing and cave diving, two passions out of youth having grown up on Mars. Along with that is a love for swimming, ocean and sky sailing. He likes books on history, archaeology, and a good mystery novel. In the later years he's gotten into fencing and swordwork and has developed an interest in art, a more recently discovered passion for paintings.
- Likes and Dislikes:
- He has a love/hate relationship with holodecks. David and holodecks get along just fine when everything is working correctly, but doesn't like them when they start acting out (although given his history with holomatrix technology, it's an irritant more than a dislike). He is also not fond of medical beds, and finds excuses to avoid getting physicals (due to the fact he spent almost three years in a coma). He loves a good game of chess, and when he has the time, likes to make Scotch Whiskey. He's developed an interest in painting, which he enjoys doing and find it to be theraputic. Given a choice, David would rather be outdoors and exploring new places, antiquing, and enjoying life and the universe at large. He loves to explore.
- Ambitions and Goals:
- After so many years, David has reached a number of goals and things he set out to do. Right now his goals are more family-focused, being a father to his adopted daughter, [Cody, B'Sara|B'Sara]], enjoy life, and settle down. After the situation regarding the Odyssey Station, he's less apt to be a procedural officer and more of a 'let's just see and figure it out' approach. He'd like to see if his new-founding painting hobby yields more serious works. He'd like to settle down, relax, and enjoy the rest of his life while exploring the universe. Perhaps a write a holo-novel. Enjoy his friends and family.
- Marital Status: Single
- Wife: none
- Daughter: B'Sara Cody**
- B'Sara is not David's biological daughter, but his adopted daughter.
- Father: Barnes Cody (Deceased)
- Mother: Barbara Jennet
- Uncle: Nathaniel Prewitt
- Aunt: Rachel (Cody) Prewitt
- Uncle: Amwin Jennett (missing)
- Adopted Sister: Deboarh Turow
- Deborah moved in with the Cody family when she was sixteen.
- Full Article: David Cody Personal History
Born in 2352, David is the only child of civilian engineer Barnes Cody and his wife, Barbara Jennet, the founder and owner of Jennet Trade Securities Corporation (JTSC). His childhood was filled with the sweeping sand dunes and the colony cities of Mars, where he had attended primary and secondary education, and could usually be found helping his father rebuilt machines or out cave diving, one of his loved pastimes from youth. He had the opportunity to help his father restore an old Forerunner shuttlecraft (which would later be identified as the JTSC-3 Prototype), and given the location of the house, which was outside of the city, he was very much an outback child getting a mix of both the old and the new...
Starfleet Service History
- Date Graduated from Academy: 238302.17
- Current Rank: Commander
- Prior Assignments:
- Full Article: David Cody Medical History
- Full Article: David Cody Timeline
Awards & Commendations
- TOSMA II 238401.11
- The Merria Medallion 238501.18
- The Nebula Bar 238601.26
- The Kalendra Award 238601.26