Corliss Fortune is currently serving as a counsellor aboard the USS Gorkon.
- Full Name: Corliss Fortune
- Race: Betazoid
- Date of Birth: 236905.05
- Place of Birth: Betazed
- Age: 26
- Gender: Female
- Telepathic status: T4/E4
- Height: 1.68m (5'6")
- Weight: 59 kg (130 lbs)
- Hair Color: Blonde, but tends to wear a bubblegum pink wig. Has many colors and styles of wigs but prefers the bubblegum pink
- Length of Hair: Her true hair is bound under a wig cap but is actually pretty long, down to her shoulders.
- Eye Color: Black
- Skin Tone: Slightly pale, although she does not burn. Her nose will and her face will turn bright red in either a blush or a sunburn.
- Birthmarks, Scars: A sharp scar runs from her inner left leg from knee to ankle from an attempt at 'flying' as a child. She has a small brown mark on her palm that she associates with a birthmark.
- Build: When busy, her shoulders are squared back, head tilted up and looking as if she's hanging onto every word. Her feet tap down with assurance, looking without a worry. When having fun her shoulders are rolled forward, face open and laughing, bouncy as she walks or even sits.
- Face: Rounded, slightly chubby cheeks, her eyebrows furrow with worry when things go bad.
- Eyes: rounded and wide
- Mouth: usually coated in lipgloss, always biting on her lips when nervous
- Arms: slightly thicker up on the biceps, thin wrists, fingers coated in either pale pink polish or clear polish.
- Legs: hates heels, wears boots instead.
- Carriage: When carrying her PADD, always has it tucked around her stomach, back straight and looking relaxed. When having fun, will spread out her arms and swing them, forgetting about others personal space.
- Poses (Hands/Gestures, Feet/Legs, Torso/Head): Bites lip pretty hard when things go bad. will pick at nails when bored. Bounces her leg slowly when someone is talking and she is sitting.
- Taste in Clothing (when off duty): Depends. If the weather is cold she opts for a sweater dress with leggings. When it's hot or she's staying inside, she prefers interesting dresses, sometimes with old Earth cartoon characters on them, and really loves cute things. Hates all shoes except for sandals.
- Shoes: Boots when on duty, sandals or barefoot when off.
- Voice: Even and soft when in a counselling session. When serious, her voice is strict and sharp, a 'Mom Voice' as her brother calls it. When she's having fun or just relaxed, it's a bit hyper and high pitched with a laugh behind it.
- Handedness: Right
She is quite honest, due to her upbringing, and will talk on and on without stopping if someone allows her to. Her favorite color is any shade of pink or red, and although she says this is for reasons unknown, she has also found that people underestimate those who like 'kiddish' things and she is able to surprise them and sometimes get them to respect her this way when she does act serious.
When stressed, she tends to hide away in her room, eating ice cream or some assortment of sweet while watching really old shows.
- Quarters: She is, surprisingly....messy in a way. 'Organized Chaos' she calls it. When she gets in a new room, like her old dorm at the Academy, she slowly adds new items every day. She sometimes has papers scattered, or in a drawer, old flowers in a vase from her mother, a card her brother wrote to her sitting near the computer. The only thing 'neatly' put up are her wigs, carefully situated on each 'head' or folded away to ensure they're perfect.
- Mannerisms: She's quite kind and 'innocent'. She likes to bond with others and will 'mold' her personality to them. Someone who thrives on conversation and extroverted activities she will be loud, joking, and playful. Someone who is quiet and soft, she will be quiet, speaking in soft words and a soft smile. This can lead to some people having a view on her far different compared to others.
- Religion/Spiritual Devotion: She is questionable, but believes in fate, destiny, and that things will work out in the end.
- Hobbies and Pastimes: She adores flowers and plants, having helped her mother out in the garden in her youth. She has a small interest in Medical, but only so far as to know first aid. She loves to crochet or knit, finding a thrill in the slow movements.
- Likes: Sweets, pink things, happiness, certain animals.
- Dislikes: Sour/bitter things, the color white makes her nauseous, a sudden 'shock' as in if she scrapes her hand or someone gets cut, she'll remain calm, however if all of a sudden someone gets injured and there's a huge wound, or she ends up with a wound that's 'open' (requires stitches), she'll have a panic attack.
- Ambitions and Goals: She just wants to help others out! Plus, she really loves learning about everyone's interests and pasts.
- Temperament: Easy, gentle, only gets angry when feeling ill or has a headache.
- Mental problems (complexes and phobias):
- Fear of not knowing: She's very calm, most of the time. However, she has this one fear of openness. If she is in a place with wide windows, she will need to close all the curtains or she won't be able to relax. She has a slight bit of paranoia. There is no reason behind it, not even she knows why.
- Blood/sudden wounds: A small papercut or someone bleeding does not affect her, however, if someone is shot or someone's nose is broken or she has cut herself accidentally, she will experience a panic attack, although in the moment she will remain calm as possible.
- Physical Limitations: She can run for about ten minutes before slowing and getting out of breath.
- Marital Status: Single
|Father||Born 233512.15, age 60. A Betazoid male, bachelor name Dixin Rilasi. He owns a greenhouse and has spent his life growing his creations and creating new and amazing flowers and plants. He loves to cross-pollinate, always eager to see them come alive. He met Corin in school, and they quickly became close and the rest is history. Dixin wears glasses that never show his eyes, and if asked, will continue on as if he never heard the question. His hair is dyed...or is it?|
|Mother||Born 233911.13, age 56. A Betazoid female, Corin is a Counselor to children and teenagers of adults within Starfleet. She sees her work as vitally important, especially considering that the new generation would eventually fill their parents' shoes. Corin can be seen as bemused at others' antics, to the point that others may feel offended that she might be...'diagnosing' them. She is the Matriarch of the Fortune Family, a once generous and extended line that was cut short during the Dominion War. She does not speak of the scar on her face, but instead, will lead the question somewhere else with an odd expression.|
|Brother||Born 236607.13 age 29. A Ranger devoted to his career, Brommel is Corliss' dear brother. As a child he jokingly told her he was her 'boss' and to always call him that. Now that they were older, she would call him 'Boss' with a laugh and he would be flustered. Brommel takes everything seriously, even to the point of being exasperated with his slightly childish sister at times. He is fiercely protective however, and will not stand for others 'being rude' to his sister. Lately he has seemed more stressed than normal but will not answer why.|
|????||Mek is the manager and bartender of the USS Gorkon's Sto'Vo'Kor lounge. After an evening of painting a mural for his lounge and listening to his accordion music, Corliss is left feeling...different.|
- 236905.05: Born to parents Dixin and Corin, is adored immensely by older brother Brommel who is older by three years. Brommel is immediately up to sibling shenanigans by taking the small infant to school without their parents' knowledge. They live in a small community near winding rivers.
- 2374??.?? to 2375??.??: Dominion War. Corliss does not recall these months, or if she does, will not speak about them.
- 237509.30: First day of school, is sent home ill after managing to ask for everyone's treat that day and becoming sick from all the sugar. Has never stopped her since. They live up in the Loneel Mountains, moving back home within a year or so along with most of their community.
- 237910.12: Has a crush on a young Vulcan child who visits with his parents, attempts to woo him by making a very nice card with lots of glitter. It fails. She shrugs it off and decides to remain friends with him. He moves away at the end of the year and they remain pen pals.
- 238205.05: Comes into her telepathic/empath powers, everyone is overjoyed and a small celebration with friends is had. She has trouble around excited/nervous people from this point on, making her ramp up her own nerves when not in focus.
- 238705.30: Meets her bonded partner from youth, both agree not to go through with it as neither their personalities nor their wants match up with one another. The families agree and she heads off to Starfleet Academy.
- 238801.30: After failing the entrance exam once, she attempted again and passed,starting her Starfleet Academy Career off eagerly.
- 239510.03: Passes the last simulation with flying colors and is assigned to the USS Gorkon.
|Ensign||239510.03 - Present||USS Gorkon||Counsellor|
|Lieutenant JG||239604.27- Present||USS Gorkon||Counsellor|
Awards & Service Ribbons
|Awards and Service Ribbons|
- Replace the links below with links to your own SIMs that you find memorable or are important to your character - you may want to add more as your time with the fleet goes on! You can find a complete archive of sims here at the SIM Archive.
- Title of First SIM - (Stardate and brief description of what happens)
- Title of Second SIM - (Stardate and brief description of what happens)
- Fun things about Corliss.
|NPC Listing · USS Gorkon Crew Manifest · Crew History