|Lieutenant Commander Chythar Daniel Skyfire, MD|
ABOUT THE WRITER|
- Full Name: Chythar Daniel Skyfire
- Species: Human
- Height: 194 cm (6' 4½")
- Age: 33
- Note: Age discrepancy of one year caused by time in an alternate universe. Actual age 34.
- Place of birth: Seattle, Washington, Earth
- Doctor So'lon, a humble physician (Romulan identity -- see Art Gallery)
- CD (short for Chythar Daniel)
- Weight: 89 kg or 196 lbs
- Hair Color: Blonde
- Length of Hair: Long. Shoulder-length. Typically tied back when on duty, often worn freely when on shore leave.
- Eye Color: Green
- Birthmarks, Scars: None
- Serial Number: DC-981-851
- Build: Slim and muscular.
- Face: Typically serious, though when he jokes he does so with a poker-face being completely sarcastic while the situation isn't funny. Currently sporting a full goatee.
- Mouth: Usually closed, though with a tendency to smile if he's on to something.
- Arms: His hands are more calloused than the rest, due to working with his armor projects.
- Carriage: Carries himself with an air of mirth, runs in case of emergency.
- Poses (Hands/Gestures, Feet/Legs, Torso/Head):
- Fidgets with a pencil if he's bored.
- Bounces knee when stressed
- Tilts head sideways to the right when listening intently.
- Taste in Clothing (when off duty): Blue jeans and a black tank top.
- Shoes (When Off Duty): Combat boots
- Handedness: Right
- Telepathic Status: T4/E6 as of 239207.01.
- Temperment: Fairly mild mannered, rarely gets angry.
- "Blast it, Brek! I'm a doctor, not a profiler!"
- "I'm a doctor, not a god!"
- "Never underestimate the healing power of hugs."
- Relationship status: Monogamous relationship with Alex Blair
- Favorite Room: His Quarters or Skyfire Beach on the holodeck
- Reading books
- chewing on pencils
- Religion/Spiritual Devotion: Christian.
- Hobbies and Pastimes:
- Making chainmail.
- Taking walks on the holodeck with Devlin.
Personality Quirks, Notes & Trivia
- When hyperfocused tends to talk fast and in another language. Chythar handles stress differently than most linguists. He creates a cipher that he distributes to his friends -- and depending on what language the letter is written in determines what point in his stress level he's at. One would have to know him well enough to comprehend this cryptic tactic first. Subconsciously, he may not realize he's writing in a 'panic' language' until told by the person who received his letter.
- CD tries to focus on literature during his time off, and occasionally makes obscure literary references to things like Dante's Inferno when he's stressed. Sometimes will lapse into another language while making one of said references.
- Has reluctantly agreed to carry a phaser due to his strong convictions against deliberately harming people, which goes against the Hippocratic Oath. "Medical personnel are noncombatants aboard a starship and as such are accorded special protection under the Articles of War. They may not in any way bear arms against an enemy. When involved in combat operations, all medical personnel must wear a brassard or a shoulder patch on the leftmost appendage with identifying insignia (typically a red cross) to mark them as such. While detached for away team duty, medical personnel may carry such weapons as are determined necessary for self-defense against non-sentient habitants of the specified planet; however, they may not use deadly force against any sentient being, except in cases of direct, extreme threat to life or limb." -- Ethical Bylaws and Protections for Medical Officers
- Not related in any way to the Vulcan/Terran Captain Skyfire.
- Only gets angry when he's stressed; if someone consistently asks "How's it coming?" when he's working on a project, he may lapse into another language as a coping method.
- Common misspellings:
- Since just before their transfer to the Za, Chythar has taken to wearing a dog chain around his neck which contains Alex Blair's information from his days as a marine.
- Has his own set of rules.
- Rule 1: Never leave your quarters for a party without your communicator.
- Rule 3: Other people's injuries are more important than my own, so treat them first.
- Rule 7: Doctor's orders always trump work.
- Rule 10: Always tell the truth, no matter how painful it is.
- Rule 11: Don't ask questions to which you already know the answer.
- Rule 12: Preferred nicknames get better reactions.
- Rule 13: Never ever involve JAG or lawyers.
- Rule 14: When real family is gone, adopt a new one.
- Rule 15: Seek out the interesting people because there’s infinite possibilities to learn new things.
- Rule 27: Don't beat the dead horse.
- Covert missions
- Temporal Incursions
- Code Blues
- Alternate Realities
Ambitions and Goals
- Maybe one day, becoming captain.
Achievements in Life
- Surviving Med school.
- Surviving Starfleet Academy.
- Making it to the rank of Lieutenant.
- Making it to the rank of Lieutenant Commander.
- Adopting siblings through friendship that he counts as family.
- Serving as Chief Medical Officer aboard several Starfleet vessels under some fine captains.
- Attaining the position of First Officer aboard the USS Gorkon, however brief it was.
- Being adopted by the family of Raissa Moonsong
- Getting published in the Journal of Starfleet Medicine -- See Research & Publications
Disappointments in Life
- Never being able to spend time with his mother.
- Pressure under fire. He still feels the trauma from freezing during med school.
- Lost a patient while in an alternate universe.
- Earning a disciplinary record.
- Being demoted to rank of lieutenant.
See Full Article -- Relationships -- Certain people have had a more profound impact than others.
See Full Article: Biography -- Professional History Overview, Supplemental Files
- English (Federation Standard)
- Gaelic. Much like his Japanese, he doesn't admit he knows it.
- Japanese. He'll never admit openly to knowing Japanese, but he writes in it occasionally.
- Non Terran Languages
- Log Entries
- Awards & Commendations
- Medical History
- Psychological Profile
- Academy Transcript
- Disciplinary Record
Research & Publications
- Skyfire, C Skyfire Cure 2393;320(4) SFMJ
- Alexander, D., L. Rosek, J. Orrey. C. Skyfire Case Study: Stem Cells and Nanotechnology in Spinal Injury Repair. 2394;321(6) SFMJ
See Full Article: Sim Archive
See Full Article: Art Gallery
Supplemental -- Podcasts, Videos, Reports and Interviews
- Academy Library for Majors/Course Catalog
- Lower Decks Interview: The Skyfire Cure -- Note: Before transfer to the USS Garuda
- Interview on Medical Duty Post Forum
- Episode 2391-5 Podcast Skyfire makes his debut on the Starbase 118 podcast.
- 239203.21 Memories Of Spock A podcast tribute to Leonard Nimoy/Ambassador Spock, by Lt. Commander T'Mar and Lt. Chythar Skyfire.
- 239205: Banned from Menthar A podcast tribute to Banned from Argo by Leslie Fish, Menthar lyrics written by Garuda crew.
- 239411.24: 118's Holiday Special, the final podcast of 2394 Special holiday edition, including an interview with Cmdr Brell, holidays across the Alpha & Beta quadrants, and "The Shoals Never Bothered me anyway" by Chythar Skyfire.
- Lieutenants Chythar Skyfire & Lael Rosek: Shooting Practice Part I
- Lieutenants Lael Rosek & Chythar Skyfire: Shooting Practice Part II
|NPC Listing · USS Montreal Crew Manifest · Crew History